AVID Pro Tools HD Hardware
Pro Tools | HD MADI
INTEGRATE PRO TOOLS INTO POST AND BROADCAST ENVIRONMENTS THROUGH 64 MADI CHANNELS
STREAMLINE YOUR DIGITAL WORLD
Get the connections you need to integrate your Pro Tools | HD system into any post-production or broadcast environment. Pro Tools | HD MADI is a versatile, all-digital interface that provides 64 channels of MADI I/O. And with its new lower price, it’s even easier to integrate than ever. Get hassle-free operation with built-in sample rate conversion. Maintain maximum audio fidelity with 192 kHz sample rate support. And transmit audio between your Pro Tools rig and MADI devices up to 2 km (1.24 miles) away—without signal degradation. It's your perfect solution for the long haul.
Work with tons of channels
Send and receive up to 64 audio streams between your Pro Tools | HD system and other MADI devices through a single rack space interface over two cables.
No need to match sample rates from different sources. With ultra high-quality, real-time sample rate conversion on all inputs or outputs, you can simply plug in HD MADI and go, eliminating the hassle of converting sessions or down-sampling external MADI devices.
Get total flexibility
With both optical and coaxial connections, you can add a greater variety of MADI devices to your recording setup—without requiring additional format converters.
Keep your signals clean
Sync to an external clock through dedicated BNC Word Clock and XLR AES/EBU connections when using sample rate conversion on the output, minimizing jitter.
- Send and receive up to 64 audio streams between Pro Tools | HD and other MADI devices
- Maintain maximum audio fidelity, with up to 24-bit, 192 kHz sample rate support
- Gain connection and routing flexibility through optical and coaxial connections:
- 2 MADI inputs (optical and coaxial)
- 2 MADI outputs (simultaneous optical and coaxial)
- Forget having to match sample rates, thanks to built-in SRC on all I/O channels
- Completely integrates with Pro Tools | HD family systems for full input, output, and routing control
- Sync to an external clock through dedicated BNC Word Clock and XLR AES/EBU connections when using SRC on output
- Keep things in sync with versatile Clock support, including Internal, Loop Sync, Word Clock, AES/EBU, and MADI
- Gain better device compatibility with 64-channel (non-Varispeed) and 56-channel (Varispeed) support (at 48 kHz)
- Integrate Pro Tools | HD family systems with MADI-equipped AVID live sound systems for recording and Virtual Soundcheck
- Verify and troubleshoot signals through status indicators and global I/O signal LEDs
- Compact 1U rack-mountable design overcomes space limitations
- Connects to Pro Tools | HD through two DigiLink Mini connections (32 audio channels each; cables and adaptors included)
Open your workflow
MADI is an open communications protocol commonly used in broadcast, post-production, and live sound environments. That's because the technology enables more audio streams per unit, saving a ton of wiring and added interface expense. With HD MADI, you can easily add MADI devices directly to your recording setup and integrate your Pro Tools | HD system into any of these environments, opening up a whole new world of opportunities.
Go the distance
Send and receive up to 64 audio streams between your Pro Tools rig and MADI devices using two cables (optical or coaxial), making routing simple and clean. You can even send audio to redundant systems without a splitter. With 56- and 64-channel modes, you can connect to a wider variety of MADI devices. What’s more, you can reliably transmit audio to and from devices 2 km away over fiber optic—without signal degradation.
Get fuss-free operation
With high-quality, real-time sample rate conversion on all inputs or outputs, you can stream in audio at any sample rate, and HD MADI will automatically convert it to your current Pro Tools session rate. Or stream out audio without having to up-convert or down-convert signals externally. Plus, you'll maintain maximum audio fidelity, with up to 24-bit, 192 kHz sample rate support.
Gain full I/O control
Like all Pro Tools | HD Series interfaces, HD MADI tightly integrates into any Pro Tools | HDX or HD Native workflow. That integration extends down into the software too, enabling you to gain complete control of your inputs, outputs, and routing right from the Pro Tools | Ultimate software interface. No matter how hard you push it, you can expect maximum performance and reliability every time.
Pro Tools | HDX or Pro Tools | HD Native system