The Violectric PPA V790 is a state-of-the-art phono preamplifier with capabilities never before seen. It offers a wide range of adjustment options easily accessible from the front panel and a newly developed, extremely noise and low-distortion amplifier technology. Its multiple inputs allow up to six different cartridges to be managed in just one amplifier and handled individually in terms of impedance, capacitance, gain and EQ.
Up to six cartridges (3 x balanced, 3 x unbalanced) can be connected to the PPA V790 at the same time. For each cartridge, the input impedance, the input capacitance, gain factor, equalization, subsonic filter and the output boost can be set individually. All this is done via clearly marked pushbuttons and is indicated by white LEDs on the front panel. All settings are stored! The usual distinction between MM- and MC-pickups has been omitted for such amplifiers.
Instead, in addition to "standard" pickups, "MC High-Output" or "MM Low-Output" can also be treated individually through the wide gain setting of +30 to +66 dB individually.
The amplification stages inside the Violectric PPA V790 are DC-coupled with cascaded bipolar super-fast input transistors for highest bandwidth, extremely low noise, lowest distortion and highest dynamic range. Do not expect distortion from this amplifier! The gain can be adjusted in 7 steps from +30 dB (factor 30) to +66 db (factor 2000). A clip indicator is responsible to avoid operating errors.
The PPA V790 offers three DC-coupled EQs. In addition to the usual RIAA filter, NAB- and Columbia LP EQs can be selected for "exotic" recordings. The filter accuracy is 0.1 dB. A switchable subsonic filter helps eliminate low-frequency noise. The boost circuit with 0, +6 and +12 dB settings is said to fit the Violectric PPA V790 into almost any signal chain.
- 3 balanced stereo phono inputs via XLR
- 3 unbalanced stereo phono inputs via RCA
- 7 switchable impedances from 10 - 1000 ohms (for MC systems)
- 8 switchable capacitances from 22 - 1000 pF (for MM systems)
- 7 amplifier stages from 30 - 66 dB
- Clip indicator to visualize operating errors
- 3 equalization filters RIAA, NAB, Columbia-LP
- Switchable subsonic filter 20 Hz
- 3-way boost circuit to match subsequent equipment
- Storage of all individually set parameters