FERROFISH PULSE16 DX
16 x 16 AD/DA <> DANTE <> MADI <> ADAT Converter
The audio unimatix. Plus Dante.
Packed in a just 1HU, this highly integrated converter has 16 x 16 balanced analog TRS sockets using studio levels up to +20dBu – individually adjustable in 1dB steps. The Low Latency Cirrus Logic converters, accompanied with a a temperature-compensated clock and jitter reduction PLL guarantee best crystal clear sound.
Besides Dante, the 4 x 4 ADAT ports deliver enough bandwidth to convert all 16 x 16 analog signals at 96kHz, or even 32 x 32 channels at 48kHz. MADI adds another 64 x 64 channels, and is implemented using a modular SFP conection to offer different MADI standards (like Singlemode). Just replace the MADI module by a different model.
Configuring the device is a breeze thanks to the two TFT screens. No need to consult the manual, every information is displayed clearly on the screens. Remote control via MIDI and MADI is also possible.
The headphone can be connected to any analog or digital input or output: ideal for control or monitoring.
The fanless, compact 1HU device is the ultimate problem solver for studio, live sound, broadcast and recording – wherever high-end, multi-format conversion is needed in the Dante network.
Dante made easy: the perfect network solution for recording, broadcast, live-sound, and house of worship.
High Quality AD/DA
Dante Plug & Play
Internal Routing Matrix
Dual TFT Screens
Keep track of all 32 analog channels at any time: Everything is shows clearly on two TFT screens. Status information and all functions are presented clearly and intuitively, so no need to consult the manual anymore. Gone are the days of blinking LED‘s and incomprehensible operation!
Flexible Remote Control
PULSE16 DX SPECIFICATIONS
- 16 x 16 Balanced TRS balanced analog I/O, max 96kHz (192kHz with MADI option), Gain/Levels: -8dBu…+20dBu (1dB steps)
- 4 x 4 ADAT I/O, each ADAT port transfers eight channels at a sample rate of 48kHz (= 32 In + 32 Out)
- MADI SFP Port, SFP MADI module with optical LC connector (Multimode).
Singlemode Module optional.
- Phones Stereo TRS, Monitoring of every stereo/mono I/O via an additional stereo DAC
- Word Clock I/O
- MIDI I/O
- Dante Network I/O (redundant), Two RJ-45 ports connect to any Dante audio network. Simply connect a LAN Ethernet cable to the primary port. The secondary port takes automatically over in case of a network error (Dante Port Redundancy).
- 2 x RJ-45 Ethernet connector (CAT5/6 cables),
64 x 64 channel Brooklyn II board built in.
MADI I/O (AES10)
SFP port for MADI optical Multimode (included) or Singlemode (optional) SFP module
- 64 channels @32kHz, 44.1kHz, 48kHz
- 32 channels @64kHz, 88.2kHz, 96kHz
- 16 channels @128kHz, 176.4kHz, 192kHz
Support of MIDI over MADI.
Latency: 2 samples
- SMUX4 with 192 kHz operation
- Delay-compensation for MADI chain
- MIDI over MADI Preset Management
Analog In- and Outputs
16 x TRS ¼” (6.3mm), female
- Digital gain: +20dBu … -8dBu, 1dB steps
- Digital gain (+24dBu Option): +24dBu … -4dBu, 1dB steps
4+4 optical ports (8 channels each with 48 kHz)
- 16 channels @32kHz, 44.1kHz, 48kHz
- 16 channels @64kHz, 88.2kHz, 96kHz
- 8 channels @128kHz, 176.4kHz, 192kHz (SMUX4 – only with installed MADI MX option)
Latency: 2 samples
- 2 x DIN5 connector for remote control of the unit
- Conversion MIDI <> MIDI over MADI possible (MADI MX option required)
- BNC: 1 x input, 1 x output
- 75 Ohm Termination switchable for input
- 1 x input jack with screw lock.
- Power required: 12VA in operation, 0,1VA in standby mode (Efficiency Level VI)
- Internal resettable polyfuse
- 1 x power supply included
CV Out Option*
Allows the output of DC voltage at the analog outputs of the Pulse16. This allows control voltages (CV) to be generated via a CV plugin in a DAW, allowing modular systems to be controlled from the analog outputs.
This option raises the maximum input and output level of the 16 analog inputs and outputs from +20dBu to +24dBu, which then complies with the SMPTE standard.
*Please note that these are BTO (built-to-order) options which cannot be retrofitted.