Symphony I/O MKII Thunderbolt
Multi-channel audio interface for
mac OS Thunderbolt systems
True Thunderbolt Performance
Lowest Latency. Superior Sound Quality.
Symphony I/O Mk II Thunderbolt delivers the full potential of Thunderbolt 2 performance with the lowest latency, unmatched CPU efficiency and 2 ports for connecting additional peripherals.
Symphony I/O Mk II Thunderbolt relies on Apogee’s proprietary Thunderbolt driver, written from the ground up to offer unmatched performance and efficiency. When using Logic Pro X, latency has been reduced to an astounding 1.35 ms round-trip, allowing you to monitor through your DAW, plug-ins included, simplifying your workflow and leveraging the power of your Mac. Even when your session’s DSP demands require a higher buffer setting, Symphony I/O’s ultra-low latency means no longer having to choose between power and speed.
To accommodate different workflow preferences, Symphony I/O Mk II Thunderbolt features optional direct hardware monitoring through Symphony Control Software with 0.6ms of latency.
Symphony I/O Mk II Thunderbolt’s custom driver includes a revolutionary Direct Memory Access (DMA) engine to more efficiently read and write data directly to Mac memory independent of the Mac CPU. The DMA engine, running on Symphony I/O Mk II Thunderbolt’s hardware logic chip, increases the driver’s efficiency and provides the highest resolution signal possible to the DAC stage. This implementation allows the driver to crunch an enormous amount of data at an amazing speed, while making a very light demand on your Mac CPU. You benefit with lower latency, more plug-in power, and a transparent and encompassing listening experience.
- Streamlined new interface
- Easily adapt layout to fit your workflow
- Essentials control strip maximizes screen space
- FX send lets you use your DAW’s effects with low latency monitoring
- Use your Mac’s Built-in mic for new Talkback feature
- Output source button lets you toggle between mixes
- Create up to 16 “Monitor Workflows” in all popular multichannel configurations: Stereo to ATMOS 9.1.6.
- Instantly switch between Monitor Workflows from the Apogee Hardware Remote, Symphony Control software or the front panel touchscreen
- Mute,Solo and calibrate up to 16 speaker outputs
Everything under Control
And with Symphony I/O Mk II Thunderbolt’s new Monitor Workflows, you can effortlessly configure and operate your monitoring system for Dolby Atmos, Sony 360 Reality Audio and other immersive audio systems with control of up to 32 Speaker outputs.
Performance: 44.1kHz – 192kHz
Control: Apogee Control 2 Software, Front panel touch screen, Apogee Control hardware remote (sold separately)
- 2x6 SE - 2x6 Analog I/O + 8x8 AES/Optical I/O
- 16x16 SE - 16 Analog I/O of Mastering Grade conversion
- 32x32 SE - 32 Analog I/O of Mastering Grade conversion
- 8x8 - 8x8 Analog I/O + 8X8 AES/Optical I/O