RME BABYFACE PRO FS
24-CHANNEL, 192 KHZ, BUS-POWERED
USB AUDIO INTERFACE
Four years ago the Babyface Pro again demonstrated RME’s absolute commitment to superior craftsmanship, not only in audio circuits and driver development, but also in mechanics. Created with the highest precision from a block of aluminum, this high-end portable interface incorporated newly designed analog and digital circuits. Its innovative energy saving technologies provided supreme fidelity with no compromises in level, noise or distortion.
IN THE NEW BABYFACE PRO FS EVEN MORE IMPROVEMENTS WERE IMPLEMENTED
- +19 / +4 dBu switch on the bottom adds a direct way to reduce the output level, thus improves SNR for sensitive active monitors, avoids distortion / overload, and helps to keep TotalMix FX faders near 0 dB instead of high attenuations.
- Full SteadyClock FS circuit as in the ADI-2 Pro FS for lowest jitter and highest jitter immunity.
- 3.5 mm TRS phones output power rises from 70 mW to 90 mW. THD of both phones outputs improved by up to 10 dB. Uses same output op-amps as ADI-2 Pro now. Output impedance of 3.5 mm TRS lowered from 2 Ohms to 0.1 Ohms.
- Mic inputs SNR improved from 112.2 dB to 113.7 dB, TRS Line inputs SNR improved from 114 dB to 116.3 dB (120 dBA). THD Line inputs improved by 8 dB.
- 6 samples less latency on the AD side by new ADC (5 samples AD, 7 samples DA). (It won't get quicker...).
- All the above improvements were achieved without raising the units power consumption.
- K-slot for theft protection.
ADI-2 SERIES HEADPHONE POWER
The two headphone outputs, offering TRS and mini-jack sockets in parallel, have completely separate driver stages to perfectly match low and high impedance headphones, guaranteeing pristine sonic results no matter what type of headphone is used.
The 3.5 mm TRS phones output power rises to 90 mW. THD of both phones outputs improved by up to 10 dB. and uses same output op-amps as ADI-2 Pro now. Finally the output impedance of 3.5 mm TRS was lowered from 2 Ohms to 0.1 Ohms.
- Output: 6.3 mm TRS jack, unbalanced
- Output impedance: 10 Ohm
- Output level at 0 dBFS, 1 kOhm load: +13 dBu
- Max power @ 0.1% THD: 60 mW
- Signal to Noise ratio (SNR): 114.8 dB RMS unweighted, 118 dBA
- Noise level: -101.8 dBu
- Output: 3.5 mm TRS jack, unbalanced
- Output impedance: 0.1 Ohm
- Output level at 0 dBFS, 1 kOhm load: +7 dBu
- Max power @ 0.1% THD: 90 mW
- Signal to Noise ratio (SNR): 114 dB RMS unweighted, 117 dBA
- Noise level: -107 dBu
FULL RANGE CAPTURE - IMPROVED MIC & LINE INPUTS
MORE PRO LEVEL PERFORMANCE WITH STEADYCLOCK FS
IN & OUT
Babyface Pro’s incredibly efficient design almost never requires an external power supply – it’s perfectly stable on USB 3 bus power, and also most USB 2 ports, with no degradation in any technical specification. This makes it perfect for mobile recording, even with a pair of your favourite condenser microphones. The comprehensive feature set continues with an optical TOSLINK I/O; use as either an ADAT port with SMUX support or SPDIF for sessions up to 192 kHz.
In combination with an external ADAT converter, the Babyface Pro fully supports 12 analog inputs as well as 12 outputs, making it ideal for both live and studio multi-track applications. You can plug any instrument, line or high impedance, into Babyface Pro’s jack inputs 3 & 4. Record your guitar on the go, with no additional hardware required. MIDI I/O via an included breakout cable completes the package.
The current generation of TotalMix brings many new functions and a greatly improved usability. In order to integrate all new developments seamlessly, the software was rewritten from scratch. TotalMix FX now not only achieves the functionality of high-end digital consoles, but also offers integrated effects, such as a parametric 3-band equalizer plus low cut in all input and output channels. The Babyface also has a separate send bus for all input and software playback channels, which feeds the effects reverb and echo. Each output channel has an FX return fader for the FX signals.