PRO TOOLS | HD I/O
Capture and output analog and digital audio with a customizable I/O interface
HEAR WHAT YOU'VE BEEN MISSING
Get pristine sound quality and clarity for your most demanding recording sessions. Pro Tools | HD I/O is a high-performance audio interface designed for Pro Tools | HD systems that enables you to capture every detail and nuance of a performance. Achieve the high fidelity, extensive dynamic range, and lowest possible latency you need for large-scale, high-profile projects. Plus, its modular design makes it easy to expand and customize the interface for your connection needs—now and in the future. And with its new lower price, getting great sound is now even easier too.
Watch your levels
With input and output metering conveniently displayed on the front panel, you can easily see what's hot, what's not, and make the necessary adjustments to achieve optimal levels.
Customize your I/O
Get all of the inputs and outputs you need to connect your entire studio. Just choose the configuration that's right for you.
Connect yourself into any post-production environment by choosing a configuration with digital I/O or adding the option. You'll have the AES/EBU, TDIF, and ADAT connections you need to integrate with a digital mixer, additional Pro Tools rigs, or other digital infrastructure.
Connect your entire studio
All HD I/O configurations include a section of additional digital I/O that enables you to connect more gear and sync and expand your system.
- Pristine audio clarity and ultra low latency through state-of-the-art A/D and D/A conversion, premium analog circuitry, and meticulous attention to design
- Adapt the interface for your needs—choose from three configurations:
- Get a balance of analog and digital I/O with HD I/O 8x8x8
- Maximize your analog I/O with HD I/O 16x16 Analog
- Go all digital with HD I/O 16x16 Digital
- Versatile digital I/O on all interfaces, with built-in sample rate conversion
- Expand or customize the I/O with analog or digital option cards
- Completely integrates with Pro Tools | HD family systems for full input, output, and routing control
- Track hotter signals and smooth out sounds with Curv, a new built-in soft-knee limiter
- Keep things in sync with dedicated Word Clock and Loop Sync I/O
- Keep an eye on your levels easily through 32 4-segment metering LEDs
- Robust 2U rack-mountable chassis
- Connects to Pro Tools | HD family systems through a DigiLink Mini connection (cable and adaptor included)
Hear what you've been missing
If you're familiar with our older “blue” Pro Tools | HD interfaces, your ears are in for a major treat. Experience significantly better audio fidelity, wider dynamic range, and super-low jitter thanks to sophisticated A/D and D/A conversion. Capture and play back every audio detail. Retain the warmth and presence of your original sources. And get the lowest possible latency when recording even the largest sessions.
Track with ease
Connect your digital gear hassle-free with sample rate conversion in HD I/O’s digital configurations. Maximize your analog input signals, without any harsh clipping, with the soft clip feature. Plus, you'll be able to track hotter signals and smooth out inconsistent levels from incoming sources.
Get I/O versatility
The rack-mountable 2U HD I/O comes in three configurations, so you can choose the interface that best suits your connection needs. In addition, you can expand your analog or digital I/O by simply installing an HD I/O option card into any empty bay (see all configurations and options below).
- HD I/O AD Option: Adds 8 high-fidelity analog inputs (using DB25)
- HD I/O DA Option: Adds 8 high-fidelity analog outputs (using DB25)
- HD I/O Digital Option: Adds 8 channels each of AES/EBU (supports 192 kHz single-wire and dualwire), TDIF, and ADAT (supports S/MUX II and IV) I/O
Gain full I/O control
Like all Pro Tools | HD Series interfaces, HD I/O tightly integrates into any Pro Tools | HDX or HD Native workflow. That integration extends down into the software too, enabling you to gain complete control of your inputs, outputs, and routing right from the Pro Tools | Ultimate software interface. No matter how hard you push it, you can expect maximum performance and reliability every time.
HD I/O 8x8x8
When you need a balance of analog and digital I/O, with the option for expansion, 8x8x8 is the perfect choice for music and audio post. It offers 8 channels of analog I/O, 8 channels of AES/EBU I/O, 8 channels of TDIF I/O, and 8 channels of ADAT (S/MUX) I/O. It also comes with 2 additional channels of AES/EBU I/O, 2 channels of S/PDIF I/O, and 8 additional channels of ADAT I/O. Plus, you can customize your I/O further with one empty bay for expansion play.
HD I/O 16x16 Digital
For audio post-production work, the 16x16 Digital configuration is ideal if you frequently need to interface with a digital mixer, additional Pro Tools rig, or other digital infrastructure. It offers 16 channels of AES/EBU (S/MUX) I/O, 16 channels of TDIF I/O, 16 channels of ADAT I/O, 2 additional channels of AES/EBU I/O, 2 channels of S/PDIF I/O, and 8 additional channels of ADAT I/O. Plus, you have two empty bays to expand your I/O even further.
HD I/O 16x16 Analog
Get the maximum complement of analog inputs and outputs with the 16x16 Analog configuration—the ideal choice for music production. It offers 16 channels of analog I/O, 2 channels of AES/EBU I/O, 2 channels of S/PDIF I/O, and 8 channels of ADAT (S/MUX) I/O. While all four I/O bays are occupied with this option, you can swap out any of the analog cards with a different option card to customize.
HD I/O Option Cards
As your needs grow or change, it’s easy to add more analog or digital I/O—just install an option card. You have three to choose from. The HD I/O AD Option adds 8 analog inputs. The HD I/O DA Option adds 8 analog outputs. And the HD I/O Digital Option adds 8 I/O channels each of AES/EBU (with single- and dual-wire 192 kHz support), TDIF, and ADAT (supports S/MUX II and IV).
Pro Tools | HDX or Pro Tools | HD Native system