RME OCTAMIC XTC
8-CHANNEL DIGITALLY CONTROLLED MIC PREAMP WITH MULTI-FORMAT I/O
RME proudly presents a new generation of top-class microphone, line and instrument preamp, hi-end A/D converter, digital patchbay and format converter, monitoring device, and last but not least the flexible frontend for Apple's iPad® - the OctaMic XTC!
With the OctaMic XTC eight microphone and line inputs, four switchable to Hi-Z mode, meet an unrivaled variety of digital connection protocols - from common ADAT and AES/EBU to sophisticated 64-channel MADI optical.
- 8 x Mic/Line Preamps, digitally controlled
- (4 x PAD, 4 x Hi-Z switchable)
- 2 x Stereo Analog Outputs
- 4 x AES/EBU I/O
- 1 x ADAT I/O (2 x out S/MUX)
- 1 x MADI I/O optical
- 1 x MIDI I/O over DIN
- 2 x MIDI I/O over USB
- 1 x MIDI I/O over MADI
Analog signals are converted with RME's newest converter technology. Maintaining the excellent sound and frequency response that RME converters are known for, this preamp excels in an extraordinary gain range, extremely low latencies and stunning EIN and signal to noise ratios.
With the help of the full color TFT display, the quickly accessible setup options reveal another truely unique feature: all analog and digital inputs, including up to 64 MADI channels and 8 AES/EBU audio channels, can be freely patched to any output - including the 24 channels of its Class Compliant USB 2.0 audio interface format.
When attached by MIDI (DIN, MIDI over MADI, or USB) to an RME audio interface running TotalMix FX, the OctaMic XTC can be remote controlled directly within the input channel strips of TotalMix. An example is the combination of the renowned Fireface UFX with an XTC on top, connected via ADAT, adding 8 analog inputs and 4 analog outputs to RME’s flagship interface.
Full remote control support allows the unit to be as close to the analog signal source as possible while important settings and configurations can be modified, as well as stored and recalled, not only on the unit itself, but also from a larger distance.
With 24 channels I/O in Class Compliant mode the XTC is also the most flexible and advanced interface ever built to work with the iPad (needs Apple Camera Connection Kit).
The OctaMic XTC is a full range hi-end preamp and AD/DA-converter in reference quality, fully remote controllable. In a standard 19" box with 1 unit height the device offers numerous extraordinary features like Intelligent Clock Control (ICC), SyncCheck, SteadyClock, QuickGain, AutoSet, MIDI over MADI, and remote control via USB, MADI and MIDI. It includes 8-channel 192 kHz / 24-bit AD conversion with eight high class microphone and line/ instrument pre-amplification inputs in excellent RME quality. Lowest distortion, excellent signal to noise ratio and perfect linear frequency response allow for unchanged transmission and amplification of the microphone signals.
OctaMic XTC provides 8 balanced XLR mic/line inputs. 4 balanced line inputs via TRS and 4 unbalanced line/instrument inputs via TS were realized by using Neutrik XLRs/TRS combo jacks. Frontside keys give quick and direct access to the most often used functions, perfectly visualized on an easy to read TFT-display.
The XTC's 8-channel AD- and 4 channel DA-conversion operates at up to 192 kHz. The digitized signal is available simultaneously at the double ADAT output (S/MUX), a D-sub 25 connector (4 AES/EBU outputs) and MADI optical. Using Mac OS X or an iPad™, up to 24 I/Os can also be used via USB.
RME’s outstanding SteadyClock™ ensures perfect AD/DA-conversion, as jitter on the external sync sources is nearly completely removed. The digital inputs and outputs can be used simultaneously to the AD/DA conversion. Sophisticated routing options turn the OctaMic XTC into an AD/DA-converter with multiple digital outputs of different formats, as well as a digital format converter between ADAT, AES and MADI, and also a signal inserter/extractor for serialized MADI setups.
Equipped with the latest professional AD-converters, the OctaMic XTC excels with super low noise, super low THD, and super low latency conversion (< 0.28 ms).
OCTAMIC XTC GOES WINDOWS
RME released a firmware update for the OctaMic XTC (v47), and an updated MADIface series driver (v0.9573), which enable direct connection and usage with Windows computers. RME’s own Class Compliant driver adds special hardware support to reach the same legendary stability and performance as RME’s other audio interfaces. WDM and ASIO are controlled by a simple settings dialog, with options to control buffer size, sample rate, and the number and kind of WDM devices. Please note that TotalMix FX is not supported.
• SNR AD: 113 dB RMS unweighted, 117 dBA
• THD: < 0.0003 %, < -110 dB
• Frequency response @ 192 kHz, -1 dB: 8 Hz - 94 kHz
• SNR DA: 115 dB RMS unweighted, 118 dBA
• Frequency response @ 192 kHz, -1 dB: 8 Hz - 75 kHz
• Supported sample rates: 28 kHz - 200 kHz
• Sync Sources: AES/EBU, Word Clock, MADI, ADAT, internal
• SteadyClock™ ensures best sound quality even when synched to jittery external clocks.
- 8 balanced XLR microphone/line inputs, 4 TRS line, 4 TRS instrument inputs
- 85 dB gain range: Analog input level from -53 dBu up to +32 dBu
- Hi-end circuit design with relais and lowest noise mic preamp
- Nearly noise-free gain changing
- AutoSet: automatic gain reduction with multiple linking
- Latest generation super low latency AD-converters
- 2 unbalanced hi-power stereo outputs line/phones
- Unit's current state can be stored on 6 memory slots
- Completely remote controllable
- Word clock input and output
- MIDI I/O via DIN, USB (2x) and MADI
- 4 x AES/EBU out via D-Sub, 8 channels @ 192 kHz
- 2 x ADAT out, 8 channels @ 96 kHz
- MADI I/O (64 channels @ 48 kHz)
- Phantom power: +48 Volt switchable per channel
- Internal wide range switching power supply 100-240 Volt AC