30 IN X 34 OUT THUNDERBOLT 2 AUDIO INTERFACE FOR MAC
SUPERIOR SOUND QUALITY. POWERFUL PLUGIN PERFORMANCE. LOWEST LATENCY.
Ensemble Thunderbolt™ is the best sounding all-in-one audio recording interface for Mac. With ultra-low latency performance, comprehensive studio functionality and legendary Apogee quality, Ensemble is the ideal choice to meet the diverse demands of the professional home or commercial studio. Ensemble features premium Apogee AD/DA conversion, 8 Advanced Stepped Gain™ mic preamps, monitor controller functionality including talkback, front panel Guitar I/O, two headphone outputs and digital connectivity for a total of 30 x 34 I/O.
- 8 Mic preamps with up to 75 dB of gain and Advanced Stepped Gain circuit
- Legendary Apogee AD/DA conversion
- Thunderbolt connectivity for ultra-low latency (1.1ms round trip with Logic Pro X)
- Front panel Guitar I/O with Class A JFET inputs, dual mode re-amp outputs
- Talkback functionality with built-in mic and control button
- 2 PurePower headphone outputs
- 10 separately assignable analog inputs
- 16 analog outputs of premium Apogee conversion
- Core Audio optimized DMA engine frees up Mac CPU for plugins and software instruments
- Apogee Control software offers highly customizable workflow and Essentials Control Strip window
- Compatible with Apogee Control hardware remote studio controller
- Connect two Ensembles to your Mac and double your analog inputs and outputs
- Connect any Apogee Element series interface to Ensemble for additional Ensemble quality inputs and outputs
THE BEST OF APOGEE. THE POWER OF THUNDERBOLT.
Blending the best of Apogee’s acclaimed innovations with groundbreaking new features and the power of Thunderbolt technology, the completely redesigned Ensemble sets a new standard for personal studio interfaces.
APOGEE FX RACK
Lowest Latency. Premium DSP-Native Plugins. Simple Workflows.
GREAT-SOUNDING PLUGINS FOR ELEMENT THAT WORK THE WAY YOU WANT TO
Apogee FX Rack Plugins are made with the same quest for quality and obsessive attention to detail as Apogee hardware products. Thanks to Apogee’s unique DualPath DSP-Native technology, Apogee FX Rack plugins can run both on the hardware DSP in Ensemble Thunderbolt and Element Series interfaces and as native plugins on your Mac. Apogee’s DualPath technology opens up a variety of popular, simplified workflows, always with the lowest latency. No other system offers this level of flexibility and sound quality.
Featuring DualPath monitoring, available exclusively with Ensemble Thunderbolt and Element Series interfaces!
Ultra-low Latency and Advanced CPU Efficiency
At 1.1ms, Ensemble’s Thunderbolt driver offers the lowest round-trip latency performance available. And Ensemble’s revolutionary DMA engine provides incredible CPU efficiency allowing you to leverage the full power of your Mac and native plugins.
CREATIVE USER INTERFACE AND MONITOR CONTROL
Ensemble’s groundbreaking front panel marks the evolution of Apogee’s simplified user interface, featuring total monitor control and a built-in mic for talkback.
Measurably Superior AD/DA Conversion and Mic Preamps
Front Panel Guitar I/O with Class A Input and Re-amping
2 front panel Guitar I/O channels with class A JFET inputs and dual mode re-amp outputs capture pristine direct signals and make re-amping effortless.
INPUTS & OUTPUTS
- Guitar I/O: Directly connect your guitars & other instruments to Ensemble using the 2 front panel ¼” inputs.
- 8 Analog Inputs: Connect up to 8 microphones or a combination of instruments, external mic preamps, and other analog audio devices.
- 10 Analog Outputs: 2 balanced monitor outputs on ¼” TRS connectors & 8 balanced line outputs on 1 D-Sub 25-pin connector.
- 2 headphone outputs: Drive 2 sets of high impedance headphones louder than you’ll ever need.
- Built-in Microphone + Talkback: Instantly capture your inspirations, keep an audio archive of the session, or record a “crushed room” sound when tracking drums. Most importantly, the built-in mic may be used for talkback.
- 2 Analog Inserts: Easily integrate your favorite analog compressor or EQ, in mono or as a stereo pair, into your recording chain with separate ¼” balanced send and return connector for each channel.
- Digital I/O: Up to 18 channels of digital I/O, in ADAT, SMUX, S/PDIF optical and S/PDIF coaxial formats, to easily integrate expanders, hardware synths and digital effects.
- Word Clock: Use Ensemble as the master clock to take advantage of Apogee’s superior built-in clocking technology.
MULTI-UNIT SUPPORT FOR ENSEMBLE AND ELEMENT SERIES
Expand your studio with two Ensembles or connect any Apogee Element Series interface to an Ensemble. Intel’s Thunderbolt™ technology was made for connecting multiple high bandwidth peripherals to your Mac. Ensemble includes two Thunderbolt™ 2 ports, allowing you to connect hard drive arrays, video capture devices, Thunderbolt monitors with up to 4k resolution, a second Ensemble or an Apogee Element.
Connect a second Ensemble Thunderbolt or an Element Series interface to your Ensemble Thunderbolt and expand your studio. Element series interfaces feature Ensemble sound quality at unprecedented prices.