Improvements in Sibelius 8.3:
- Colorful notes
- Updated ManuScript Plug-in language (built-in scripting language for automating tasks in Sibelius)
- Improvements to Note sliding
- To track down the problems some users have reported with scrolling and zooming on Macs when using a Magic Mouse, Magic Trackpad or a trackpad on a MacBook or MacBookPro, we’ve given the feature an overhaul to resolve these issues. As a result, you should find scrolling and zooming on Mac smoother and generally more responsive. Gestures with three-fingers are now better supported, allowing you to switch windows more easily, for example.
- A problem where Sibelius 8.2.0 could crash on quit after first launch on a clean system has been fixed
- Start and end repeat barlines would sometimes appear too thick when written together. These are now lined up correctly as before.
- Some users reported a problem where note input would stop working when switching scores. This has been fixed.
- The Sibelius License Server is now supported on Mac OS 10.11 El Capitan
- When using Reset Design in the score, it no longer affects accidentals in the part. This is a change in behavior from Sibelius 8.2 where resetting the design on a note or larger selection would reset the accidental in the parts too.
If you own Sibelius 8, the upgrade will be waiting for you in your My Avid account, or in the Avid Application Manager installed on your computer. If you haven’t upgraded to Sibelius 8 yet, you can do so from our webstore or from all good retailers. When you upgrade, you not only get Sibelius 8.3, but it also entitles you to a full year of software upgrades.