Sibelius 2023.8 - Enhanced redo function and hybrid AI model
We are pleased to announce that a new version of Sibelius for desktop and mobile is now available in your AVID account. The Sibelius 2023.8 update includes the following new features and enhancements:
- With the improved Redo feature, you can now repeat the last action, saving time when navigating menus and dialogs
- Chord symbols now use a hybrid AI model for better harmonic analysis
- Various improvements and bug fixes throughout the program
Sibelius now includes new enhancements to the Restore feature, which allows you to repeat the last command or action using the familiar Restore shortcut or method. Those familiar with Microsoft Office applications will feel right at home. In PowerPoint, there is a feature that allows you to color an object a specific color, then select another object and repeat the coloring without having to return to the color selector each time. In Sibelius the principle is the same, you can apply the last action over and over again. We expect you'll find this very useful in some cases, especially on mobile, and it should save you a lot of time.
The new and improved Restore command is very useful in several situations:
- When you add symbols, you can add the same symbol again. This way, you don't have to go back to the gallery to find and add the same icon.
- Adding an articulation using the keyboard works the same way.
- Transposition actions (e.g., Cmd + Up or Ctrl + Up to move an octave) also work.
- A change in the Inspector on the desktop takes over the last selected value (useful for changing X and Y properties to specific values).
- Setting options for keys and time signatures are preserved
- Rerun a plug-in
- To quickly append bars to the end of a piece, repeat a selection, add special barlines, or switch between two time signatures...
To download Sibelius 2023.8, you must have an active update and support plan in your AVID account. Click here and login, to download Sibelius 2023.8