Four years ago, with the Babyface Pro, RME once again demonstrated its unique commitment and technical expertise in audio technology, driver development and mechanical manufacturing quality. This portable high-end interface is manufactured with the highest precision from an aluminium block. Thanks to innovative power-saving technology, it offers outstanding sound quality WITHOUT compromising levels, signal-to-noise ratio or distortion values.
IN THE NEW BABYFACE PRO FS EVEN MORE IMPROVEMENTS WERE IMPLEMENTED:
- +19 / +4 dBu switch on the bottom adds a direct way to reduce the output level, thus improves SNR for sensitive active monitors, avoids distortion / overload, and helps to keep TotalMix FX faders near 0 dB instead of high attenuations.
- Full SteadyClock FS circuit as in the ADI-2 Pro FS for lowest jitter and highest jitter immunity.
- 3.5 mm TRS phones output power rises from 70 mW to 90 mW. THD of both phones outputs improved by up to 10 dB. Uses same output op-amps as ADI-2 Pro now. Output impedance of 3.5 mm TRS lowered from 2 Ohms to 0.1 Ohms.
- Mic inputs SNR improved from 112.2 dB to 113.7 dB, TRS Line inputs SNR improved from 114 dB to 116.3 dB (120 dBA). THD Line inputs improved by 8 dB.
- 6 samples less latency on the AD side by new ADC (5 samples AD, 7 samples DA. It won't get quicker...).
- All the above improvements were achieved without raising the units power consumption.
- K-slot for theft protection.
The Babyface Pro FS will be available from December 9th 2019 at CHF 769.-.