Improvements in Sibelius 8.3:
- Colorful notes
- Updated ManuScript Plug-in language (built-in scripting language for automating tasks in Sibelius)
- Improvements to Note sliding
- To track down the problems some users have reported with scrolling and zooming on Macs when using a Magic Mouse, Magic Trackpad or a trackpad on a MacBook or MacBookPro, we’ve given the feature an overhaul to resolve these issues. As a result, you should find scrolling and zooming on Mac smoother and generally more responsive. Gestures with three-fingers are now better supported, allowing you to switch windows more easily, for example.
- A problem where Sibelius 8.2.0 could crash on quit after first launch on a clean system has been fixed
- Start and end repeat barlines would sometimes appear too thick when written together. These are now lined up correctly as before.
- Some users reported a problem where note input would stop working when switching scores. This has been fixed.
- The Sibelius License Server is now supported on Mac OS 10.11 El Capitan
- When using Reset Design in the score, it no longer affects accidentals in the part. This is a change in behavior from Sibelius 8.2 where resetting the design on a note or larger selection would reset the accidental in the parts too.