A high performance digital audio format and sampling rate converter for AES3, AES3id and S/P-DIF
The MC-6 converts AES3, AES3id and S/P-DIF digital audio stereo signals whereas uni- and bidirectional conversion modes are available. All signals can be processed up to 192.0 kHz. Based on latest FPGA designs, the MC-6 achieves levels of performance regarding its sound and signal quality, unique flexibility, clocking features and the 4 channel sampling rate conversion engine (SRC), which are outstanding in today’s industry!
The enormous feature-set with various operation modes enables the use of the MC-6 in many studio applications. Generally, incoming digital audio signals are converted unidirectionally to all three audio formats simultaneously, with or without SRC functionality. If clock rate conversion is necessary, the SRC engine can be locked to Word Clock, AES11 (separate input available) and any digital audio input in both, uni- and bidirectional operation modes.
One of the unique features of the MC-6 is its capability to lock two digital audio stereo sources with different clock rates and to convert their audio formats and clock rates bidirectionally in realtime with help of the X-SRC mode. Therefore, the unit includes a 4 channel SRC engine as a standard, whereas two audiophil-optimized PLL synthesizers secure best sound quality in all operations modes.
- AES/EBU, AES/EBUid and S/P-DIF interfaces working in one box
- Format and sampling rate conversions up to 192.0 kHz
- Signal improvement through audiophil-optimized PLL synthesizers
- Extremely flexible synchronization options
- Separate AES11 reference clock input for e.g. broadcast use
- Converts standalone and bidirectionally with different sampling rates: X-SRC
- 4 channel sampling rate conversion engine (SRC) for bidirectional conversions
- Continuous clock signal supply in absence of the reference audio or clock signal
- Runs standalone in all SRC operation modes without needing an external master clock reference
- AES11, Grade 1, internal reference clock (0.5 ppm)
- Word Clock output useable as master clock reference
- Easy configurable
- User settings will be stored in FLASH memory after switching-off
- Rack space saving 1/2 19” case allowing for mounting two devices side by side in one rack unit
- Built-in international power supply