32×32 AD/DA, MADI & ADAT CONVERTER
Introducing the Complete AD/DA Converter
The A32 is designed for MADI – the digital audio interface for professionals. Up to 64 channels can be transferred using a simple pair of glass fiber cables (or coaxial cable) spanning a distance of up to 1.2 miles. Thanks to the MIDI over MADI feature, the A32 can be remote controlled using MIDI data embedded in the same MADI cable. The audio transfer between the MADI input and MADI output is done with zero latency, so you can daisy chain multiple A32 without any added latency or delay compensation. This is what we call plug-and-play!
Your Companion for Live and Studio work
Besides MADI, the A32 also offers full ADAT integration. Four full-fledged ADAT I/O ports allow use of all 64 analog channels, even without MADI. So the A32 is perfectly suited for the professional and ambitious home recording studio. One of the ADAT connectors can alternately be used as an optical S/PDIF or AES/EBU interface. This port has a sample rate converter inside, so it’s easy to use even when the connected unit is not able to sync to an external clock. The analog side of the A32 also has lot to offer: High quality converter chips with excellent audio performance are supported by a sophisticated analog amplifier circuit.
The gain of each channel can be adjusted separately in 0.5dB steps. The standard levels (+4dBu, +13dBu and +20dBu) are switched in the analog part, so performance of the analog converters is maintained.
Control of All 64 Channel Levels and Settings
The new visual control concept of the A32 embarks on a new path: Besides the precise level meters of all 64 analog channels, the four TFT displays offer a very new, self explanatory method of operation – it’s unlikely you will ever need the manual!
To the audio under control, we added a headphone output on the front side. This not only allows direct monitoring of any analog or digital signal, but also works as full-fledged submix bus.
The high quality analog circuit is partnered on the digital side with a Sharc DSP. This processor takes great care of the digital audio with it’s floating point arithmetic and 80 bit wide accumulator, so that on the digital side, not a bit gets
- Twice the number of I/O channels of our Pulse16 converter and a lot of new professional features – the A32 has everything it takes to become the new centerpiece of a studio, live-rig or OB van.
- 32×32 analog inputs and outputs are completed with 32×32 ADAT I/O channels (ADAT4 can be switched to S/PDIF), a headphone output, optical and coaxial MADI I/O, redundant power inputs and four high res TFT color displays.
- MADI & ADAT – always the best connection
- MADI and ADAT The MADI connection enables a transfer of up to 64×64 audio channels over coaxial or optical fibre cable over a distance of up to 2000 m.
- Thanks to MIDI-over-MADI the device can be remote controlled over that huge distance without the need for a separate remote connection.
- Adding the ADAT I/Os to the 32 analog I/O, you get the full channel count of 64 inputs and 64 outputs over a single MADI cable connection
Easy Control and Routing
Also the A32 offers a sophisticated routing matrix of all inputs and outputs. A powerful SHARC® DSP from Analog Devices offers enough processing power for all 258 audio channels.
The headphone output can monitor every single mono, stereo or even a submix signal; switching between them in no time at all. Last but not least the four hi-res TFT color screens offer a full overview at any time.
- Sample rates from 32 kHz up to 192 kHz
- 32 x 32 analog I/O channels
- 64 x 64 MADI I/O channels (optical or coaxial)
- 32 x 32 ADAT I/O channels (8 x TOSLINK optical)
- Stereo S/PDIF optical I/O with sample rate conversion
- Wordclock I/O (BNC)
- Headphones output with integrated monitoring matrix for mono-, stereo- and submix signals
- MIDI I/O and MIDI-over-MADI
- Thermally compensated oscillator with proprietary active jitter reduction circuit
- Preset Management
- Analog Devices SHARC® DSP processes all 258 audio channels
- Sophisticated routing/mixing of all channels
- 4 x TFT Screens give a detailed overview over all settings and levels at a glance
- Intuitive one-key-control operating system
- Multilingual self-explaining always-on help system lets you use the A32 even without the manual.
- Redundant power inputs