HD I/O is a high-performance Pro Tools | HD Series audio interface that’s designed to completely integrate with Pro Tools | HD systems. The interface features premium A/D and D/A conversion and advanced circuitry, giving you pristine sound quality and clarity and the lowest possible latency. Plus, with three configurations to choose from and a modular design, you can expand and customize the interface for your connection needs.
Whether you work with music or sound for picture, HD I/O gives you professional-grade audio quality, high performance conversion, and the flexibility to integrate with a variety analog and digital gear, so you can quickly adapt the interface to meet whatever need comes your way.
- Pristine audio clarity and ultra low latency through state-of-the-art A/D and D/A conversion, premium analog circuitry, and meticulous attention to design
- Adapt the interface for your needs—choose from three configurations:
- Get a balance of analog and digital I/O with HD I/O 8x8x8
- Maximize your analog I/O with HD I/O 16x16 Analog
- Go all digital with HD I/O 16x16 Digital
- Versatile digital I/O on all interfaces, with built-in sample rate conversion
- Expand or customize the I/O with analog or digital option cards
- Completely integrates with Pro Tools | HD family systems for full input, output, and routing control
- Track hotter signals and smooth out sounds with Curv, a new built-in soft-knee limiter
- Keep things in sync with dedicated Word Clock and Loop Sync I/O
- Keep an eye on your levels easily through 32 4-segment metering LEDs
- Robust 2U rack-mountable chassis
- Connects to Pro Tools | HD family systems through a DigiLink Mini connection (cable and adaptor included)
Hear what you’ve been missing
A sonic improvement over its audio interface predecessors, HD I/O features premium A/D and D/A conversion, so you can achieve higher audio fidelity, extensive dynamic range, super-low jitter, and the absolute lowest possible latency in your sessions. With certain configurations, you also get built-in sample rate conversion and a soft clip feature for worry-free recording. And using Curv, a new built-in soft-knee limiter that catches even the fastest transients, you can track hotter signals and smooth out inconsistent levels from incoming sources.
The connections you need—now and later
HD I/O comes in three configurations, so you can choose the interface that best suits your connection needs. What's more, you can expand your analog or digital I/O by simply installing an HD I/O option card into any empty bay. HD I/O 16x16 Analog cannot be expanded, as all four bays are occupied.
The ultimate in interface flexibility
As your needs grow or change, you can easily add more analog inputs, analog outputs, or digital I/O by installing an option card. You can install one option card in HD I/O 8x8x8 and up to two in HD I/O 16x16 Digital. While HD I/O 16x16 Analog comes with the maximum four cards, you can customize your I/O by swapping out any card.
- HD I/O AD Option: Adds 8 high-fidelity analog inputs (using DB25)
- HD I/O DA Option: Adds 8 high-fidelity analog outputs (using DB25)
- HD I/O Digital Option: Adds 8 channels each of AES/EBU (supports 192 kHz single-wire and dualwire), TDIF, and ADAT (supports S/MUX II and IV) I/O
Work with Pro Tools and more
HD I/O and all other HD Series interfaces completely integrate with Pro Tools | HD systems, so you get maximum performance, dependability, and control of your inputs, outputs, and routing right from your Pro Tools | HD Software interface. You'll also get higher production quality and greater workflow flexibility than with previous Pro Tools interfaces. And if you want to use your interface with Pro Tools | HD hardware and other DAW software, you can do that too, as all Pro Tools | HD systems support Core Audio and ASIO drivers.